A Running List of DCI 2022 Show Announcements
A Running List of DCI 2022 Show Announcements
A list of the show announcements that have been published for the 2022 DCI season. Continue to check back to this article as more show announcements come in
The 2022 DCI season is upon us, which means that fans can expect a lot of show announcements over the next couple of weeks! Below, you'll find a running list of show titles, program information, music repertoires, and show graphics from corps as they get released. Continue to check back in on this page for updates!
Show Title: A World Of My Creation
Program Information: "Before Charlie, Before Chocolate, There was just…. pure imagination."
Show Title: Tempus Blue
- Lapis Lazuli by Dave Glyde (original composition)
- Divine Blue by Dave Glyde (original composition)
- Carnival of Venice (Titian) by Niccolo Paganini
- Moon River (Blue Flower) by Henry Mancini, arranged by Jacob Collier
- Hands and Feet (Picasso) by Michel Camilo
- Silk Sonic Intro (Yves Klein) by Bruno Mars
- Tank! (Yves Klein) by Yoko Kanno
- Home of the Brave (Blue Earth) by Thomas Bergersen
Program Information: "Dancing on the historical timeline of this mysterious, dynamic color, the 2022 Blue Devils celebrate their 65th Anniversary with TEMPUS BLUE."
Show Title: VIBE
- Neglected Space by Imogen Heap
- Wailers by Bobby McFerrin
- Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin
- She by Laura Mvula
- Locked Out Of Heaven by Bruno Mars
Program Information: "The vibrancy of colors, the vibration of textures and sounds, and a vibe that can only be described as uniquely Blue Knights will represent the diversity of our members’ self-exploration and personal identification as we encourage the spectator to experience the musical, visual, and marching arts in a new way.”
Show Title: War and Peace
- War and Peace Symphonic Suite by Serge Prokofiev
- Ballad of an Unknown Boy by Serve Prokofiev
- Variations for Oboe and Military Band by Nicolai Rimsky-Korsakov
- No One Else by Dave Malloy
- Confrontation on Eadu by Michael Giacchino
- Dust and Ashes by Dave Malloy
Show Title: Riffs and Revelations
- Taming the Dragon by Brad Mehldau and Mark Guiliana
- Taizo by FORQ
- Nautilus by Anna Meredith
- Momento Magico by Youn Sun Nah
- moonmoons by Anna Meredith
- The Garden by Brad Mehldan
Program Information: "Wander with us as we travel through our minds and over the road on a journey to reveal who we really are."
Show Title: Paradise Lost
- A Child's Garden of Dreams by David Maslanka
- What A Wonderful World by Bob Thiele / George Weiss
- Bad Hombres (Y Mujeres) by Antonio Sanchez
- Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You by Bob Crewe / Bob Gaudio
- Symphony No. 7: Movement 3 by David Maslanka
- Requiem in D Minor, K. 626: VII. Lacrimosa by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Show Title: Rear View Mirror
- Adrenaline City by Adam Gorb
- St. Louis Blues by WC Handy
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Elmer Bernstein
- American Gothic: III. Pitchfork by Michael Daugherty
Show Title: Right Here, Right Now
- With All The Love In My Heart by Jacob Collier
- Chandelier by Sia and Jesse Shatkin
- Chasing the Moment by Michael Klesch, Thom Hannum, Andrew Monteiro, Jim Ancona, and Travis Peterman (original composition)
- Benedictus by Karl Jenkins
- Own the Moment by Andrew Monteiro and Travis Peterman (original composition)
- Toccata Andromeda by Paul Halley
Program Information: "Our 2022 program, “Right Here Right Now” explores the concept of living in, creating, and sharing these moments with the audience. Our program is designed to engage the audience in unique ways, allowing them to feel present and immersed, creating a shared experience and bond, turning fleeting moments into infinite memories."
Show Title: Signs of the Times
- Fugue in G Minor BWV 578 by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Fly Like An Eagle by Steve Miller Band
- Way Too Long by Bent Knee
- Tarkus by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
- The Floor Is Lava by Bent Knee
- Concerto No. 10 for Brass Band by Ludovic Neurohr
- Queer Gods by Bent Knee
- Being Human by Bent Knee
- Sign of the Times by Harry Styles
Program Information: "The Cavaliers’ 2022 production “Signs of the Times” will take you on a journey from the early days of the printing press to the modern age of social media, all the while showing how time is endless and repeats itself in mystifying ways."
Show Title: The Silk Road
- Meetings Along the Edge by Ravi Shankar & Philip Glass
- Arabian Waltz by The Silk Road Ensemble
- The Dragon Boy by Joe Hisaishi
- José / beFore John 5 by Aurel Hollo
- Divas & Dunes by Aaron Zigman
- Kashmir by Led Zeppelin
Program Information: "Take a journey through this ancient time with the 2022 Colts production of... The Silk Road."
Show Title: A Möbius Trip
- Symphony No. 2, Movement 4 by Gustav Mahler
- Equus by Eric Whitacre
- Addis Ababa by Guillermo Lago
- Alfonso Muskedunder by Todd Terje
- Re-Entry by Philip Sheppard
Program Information: "The beginning is the end..."
Show Title: Dorothy
Repertoire: Featuring musical selections by:
- Jethro Tull
- Benjamin Britten
- Elton John
- Sara Bareilles
- Britney Spears
And original works by Key Poulan and Mike Huestis
Program Information: "A completely original story, exploring the question of what exists Beyond the Yellow Brick Road... a fresh take and a twist on the fate of our beloved Dorothy."
Show Title: Meet Me In Atlantic City
- Pure Imagination by Leslie Bricusse & Anthony Newley
- Wayside Festival by Rick DeJonge
- Big Girls Don't Cry by Bob Crewe & Bob Gaudio
- Sherry by Bob Gaudio
- Walk Like A Man by Bob Crewe & Bob Gaudio
- Can't Take My Eyes Off You by Bob Crewe & Bob Gaudio
- Who Loves You by Bob Crewe & Judy Parker
- Livin' On A Prayer by Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora, and Desmond Child
- December 1963 (Oh, What A Night) by Bob Gaudio & Judy Parker
Show Title: Installation 85
- Rubric by Phillip Glass andTyondai Braxton
- Love on a Real Train by Tangerine Dream
- Bangkok by Steve Vai
- Star-Crossed by Dolan Sipes
- As the World Caves by Sarah Cothran
- 34 Klezma by Snarky Puppy
And featuring an original composition by Daniel Montoya Jr.
Program Information: "Installation 85 draws its inspiration from the modern art installation movement, which has been characterized by immersive, larger-than-life works of art and design. The Scouts field installation captures a mid-’80s/’90s aesthetic, which is seen revived in today’s popular culture. The 2022 Madison Scouts, the titular 85th edition of the corps, explore the exhibit and eventually become a part of the installation."
Show Title: THE OTHERSIDE
Repertoire: Featuring music inspired from:
- Pink Floyd
- Stranger Things (the television show)
- Avi Kaplan
Show Title: Gasoline Rainbows
Program Information: " . . . - - - . . . "
Show Title: welcome to the void
- Finale by Andy Hull & Robert McDowell
- The Void (original composition) by Bradley Kerr Green, Ezekiel Lanser, and Jonathan Zuniga
- Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode
- Intruder by Peter Gabriel (from "New Blood")
- Where Is My Mind by Safari Riot feat. Grayson Sanders
Show Title: No Walk Too Far
- Before Time by Thomas Bergersen
- The Chosen by Stephen Melillo
- Godspeed! by Stephen Melillo
- Eli's Theme by Johan Söderqvist
- Symphony No. 5 by Gustav Mahler
Santa Clara Vanguard
Show Title: Finding Nirvana
Repertoire: Featuring musical selections by Gyorgy Ligeti, Ulf Wakenius, and more. With original compositions by Paul Rennick, Sandi Rennick, and Evan VanDoren
Program Information: "Through the chaos and confusion, we seek a transcendent state of clarity and enlightenment in the hopes of… Finding Nirvana"
Show Title: Voracious
- When Johnny Comes Marching Home by Louis Lambert
- Without Warning by Stephen Melillo
- Ecstasy of Gold by Ennio Morricone
- Nothing Else Matters by James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich
- Dance of the Earth by Igor Stravinsky
- Original music by Tim Snyder and Paul Rennick
Show Title: Prevailing Winds
- A Zillion Nickels by Samuel Hazo
- My Spanish Ladies - Traditional British Naval Song
- Satellite by Dave Matthews Band
And featuring original music by Jack Tully, Alex Beltran, and Mike Bishop
Program Information: "Life's roughest storms prove the strength of our anchors.”
Show Title: Expand
- Also Sprach Zarathustra by Richard Strauss
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows by Harry Carrol
Program Information: "Growth and change are indelible parts of the human experience. Over the millennia, we have expanded our knowledge, explored our creativity, deepened our connections, and enhanced our ability to perceive and understand the world around us."
Blue Devils B
Show Title: I AM
Repertoire: Featuring original music by John Meehan (brass), Sean Clark (battery), and Chavadith Tantavirojn (front ensemble)
Program Information: "One person can make a difference. A single vote matters. Never underestimate the strength of the individual. This year’s show celebrates the nuance of individuality through 4 distinct movements that explore the way we express ourselves and connect with others."
Blue Devils C
Show Title: It's About Time
- Theme from Doctor Who
- What Time Is It? from High School Musical 2
- Don't Stop Me Now by Queen
- My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson
Program Information: "At its heart, this year’s program is literally about exploring the concept of time and how we experience it in our daily lives. However, the title is also a play on words to acknowledge that after so long without drum corps, “It’s About Time” we’re back together again!"
Show Title: To the Stars
- Rewrite the Stars by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul (From 'The Greatest Showman')
- Rocket Man by Elton John
- Enterprising Young Men by Michael Giacchino (From the 2009 film, 'Star Trek')
Program Information: "The show takes place as humans count down to the first rocket launching beyond the confines of Planet Earth. What thoughts were going through the minds of the astronauts, or the engineers at Mission Control? What were the citizens of Earth feeling as they watched the drama unfold on their television?"
Show Title: For the River's New Path
Repertoire: Featuring music by John Mackey, Steven Bryant, Hillsong United, Jeff Chambers, Emmanuel Olaiya, Luke DeDominces, and Tim Mitchell
Program Information: "A passionate moment of performance, a memoir, and a compelling allegory. For the past, for the present, For the River's New Path."
Show Title: The Gift
Program Information: "Based on the novel “The Giver” by Lois Lowry, experience a world where society has adapted the concept of “sameness” to prevent anyone from experiencing physical or emotional pain."
Show Title: The Curse of the Ninth
Repertoire: Musical selections by Beethoven, Sibelius, Amy Winehouse, and Jimi Hendrix.
Program Information: "Combining works from composers that passed just before, during, or shortly after completing their 9th Symphonies, with contemporary works from famous 20th Century artists whose untimely deaths all occurred at age 27, Golden Empire brings you the experience of The Artist."
Show Title: Welcome to the Neighborhood
Show Title: Anew
Show Title: Spellbound
- I Put A Spell On You by Nina Simone
- House of the Rising Sun
- Incantation and Dance by John Barnes Chance
- Bad Guy by Billie Eilish
- Black Magic Woman by Carlos Santana
- Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saëns
Program Information: "Spellbound is inspired by the captivating mystery set within the culture of our home. Deep in the heart of New Orleans, you can feel drawn in by the enchanting energy — almost as if you lose control.
Show Title: Use Your Imagination
River City Rhythm
Show Title: Road To Nowhere
- Udacrep Akubrad by Avner Dorman
- Road to Nowhere by Ward Miller, Craig Myers, and Paul Weber
- Putza by Jan Van der Roost
Show Title: STAND
- Stand Up by Cynthia Erivo
- Level Up by Vienna Teng
- Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson
- Elevate by Elanders Frazier and Ryan Reed
Program Information: "STAND gives us hope to improve, reflect, and overcome all hurdles that come our way in life. It reminds us to stand tall, achieve our best, self-reflect, and elevate our game to the next level."
Show Title: On the Edge
Program Information: "Going to the edge can be different for everyone. Some people push themselves to the edge and thrive on the adrenaline, while others arrive at their psychological edge and can’t take anymore. Some people are outwardly expressive of their desire to exist on the edge of society, while others hide themselves away only to come out when they feel the most comfortable. We all experience the edge uniquely."
Show Title: Somewhere New
Program Information: "Change is one of life’s few inevitabilities. We're always growing, always evolving. We've all been changed by the extraordinary events of the past two years and are coming out the other end different than when we began.
With that shared experience as our starting point, we wanted to take the audience on an adventure that taps into the curiosity of our minds and resilience of our hearts; that leans into what drives us to seek out new ideas, new experiences and new people - and celebrates the joy of being together."
- BREAKING: Drum Corps International Announce Nate Boudreaux As New CEO
Sep 28, 2023
- How Do DCI Scores Work? How Are DCI Rankings Determined? Here's A Guide
Sep 21, 2023
- Drum Corps FAQs: What is DCI? When Was It Founded? Different Classes? More!
Sep 19, 2023
- Want to March? Everything You Need to Know About DCI Age Limits
Sep 12, 2023
- BREAKING: Santa Clara Vanguard Announce Plan to Return to the Field in 2024
Sep 8, 2023
- The Top-25 Highest Scoring DCI Shows Of All Time
Sep 7, 2023
- Battle of the Ballads: Which Ballad Was the BEST of the 2023 DCI Season?
Sep 5, 2023
- That Dan Band Show, Ep. 38: Art, Criticism, and Drum Corps
Aug 31, 2023
- PHOTO GALLERIES: 2023 DCI World Championship Finals + Troopers Legacy Corps
Aug 28, 2023