|Independent Open|| |
| Tampa Independent - "This is My Protest"|
- This floor is fantastic.
- I really love this opening movement segment; excellent contributions from every performer.
- I love the rapidity and musicality of the rifle writing.
- This opening flag is very nice.
- Excellent staging between the two flag lines and the weapon lines.
- A few consistency issues within the weapon lines, today, but the recoveries are nicely handled.
- Oh, yeah - I love these black and yellow flags.
- YEAH, yellow flag feature! Very nicely done, Tampa Independent!
- That was a very strong finish, rifles!
| Phoenix Independent - "Exposed"|
- This floor is really an interesting design.
- The opening set as the camera lens shutter is cool.
- Very nicely handled opening movement segment with the segue into the rifle work.
- That was a really nice introduction of the orange flags
- Very nice ensemble flag statement.
- Great job, sabre soloist.
- OH...I love this red and black flag.
- Really nice splash of red at the tips of those flags that opens up nicely on the descent of tosses.
- That was a neat tumble over the rifle.
- Excellent job, Phoenix!
| Eklipse - "Millennial"|
- I like this harlequin print floor. Really interesting.
- That shape developed nicely.
- Some very fun work going on in the flag line, right now.
- Nicely handled flag/rifle stand-still feature.
- I LOVE this pink flag!
- Really nice contribution from the rifle line up front.
- NICE execution on that ensemble flag release!
| Georgia State University Winterguard - "A Breath of Fresh Air"|
- Really interesting floor design that combines tree roots and lungs.
- Nicely done on the lift, GSU.
- Excellent common rotation in that sabre block ensemble toss.
- I've always loved the Max Richter - Recomposed Four Seasons album.
- That flag feature really did a great job of filling up the floor and making the guard look huge.
| JMU Nuance Open - "Consent"|
- This is a really interesting floor design, as well. I'm trying to figure out whether it's tire treads or a zipper...
- Okay. It's a zipper.
- Nice sabre entrances.
- That's really cool effect, with the zipper unzipping the floor to expose the purple.
- I love these purple silks. Really great contract with the floor.
- EXCELLENT ensemble release, JMU, and the body underneath was superb.
| Black Gold Open - "Night Flight"|
- MAN, I love this floor!
- Okay - that moving moon prop is so cool!
- This flag writing is fantastic. Nicely layered, and some interesting partner work.
- Excellent contributions from the sabre and rifle lines. Very nice, fluid, and musical writing.
- This closer flag is GORGEOUS!
- Really nicely done, with the ensemble flag feature.
- A few drill issues - any time you're moving vertical lines across the floor, that HAVE to be straight (covered down from front to back), or the effect doesn't come off as designed.
- Great run, Black Gold Open!
| Alta Marea Winterguard - "The Good Stuff"|
- I love me a good Lazy Susan prop.
- Very nicely handled, sabres.
- Oh, i love this blue flag.
- Nice quad, rifles.
- Interesting ensemble flag statement. I like how there wasn't a big, explosive moment, but that it just tapered off and resolved to the end.
| Legacy presented by Carolina Gold - "Bound to You"|
- Very nice use of the stools and the ribbons to create effect.
- EXCELLENT transition into the ground, flags!
- Nice rifle six, in the back.
- I like the transition to the copper flags.
- Superb use of the ribbons in this rifle feature on the stools.
- MAN, what a great ensemble flag block.
- That was a really enjoyable program, Legacy. Thanks for that performance.
| Vox Artium - "Will You?"|
- I really like this floor, with the incorporation of the silhouetted profile within the image of the rose.
- That free-hand underneath the ensemble sabre toss is really nice.
- The way this flag block develops is really nicely designed. Getting into the rotating circle is a masterstroke.
- Nicely done, weapons on the right!
- Very nice ensemble flag release.
| Allegiance - "Frost"|
- These uniforms are killer. I really like the skirt panel.
- Really nicely executed around the circle, rifles.
- I adore these black and blue flags. So nicely designed and utilized to create staging effects.
- Such effective use of the floor design to drive drill and balance in the staging and work.
- NICE roll underneath that flag toss, flags.
| Sensation Performance Ensemble - "Every Ending is a New Beginning"|
- Nice to see a non-North American group make it into Finals. You make The Netherlands proud, Sensation!
- This opening movement segment is fantastic!
- Excellent sabre writing and execution.
- WOW - that ensemble sabre toss into the ground was amazing!
- Excellent flag entrance on Side Two.
- MAN, these performers are amazing. They really spun the crap out of that "tick flag" (a flag with a dark color and a bright color juxtaposed that will show off every mistake). That was some amazing timing.
- Those ghostly flyover banners were SUPER effective.
- Such a great movement moment when that leap on the bass note in the piano.
- This is the run of a lifetime. That ensemble flag statement was just a thing of beauty.
- Congratulations, Sensation, on that phenomenal run!
| ORIGINS - "Though I Walk..."|
- The ensemble flag statement in the beginning is so satisfying to watch. The layering is superb, and the way it develops is just masterfully done, and the way it resolves is wonderful to watch.
- The opening movement segment is so well performed.
- Very nice sabres. I love the intensity of this work.
- The flag writing is very excellently composed and staged. Nicely juxtaposed with the sabre work.
- Nicely done, rifles!
- Such excellent use of breath in the rifle phrasing and the movement section around the rifle line.
- VERY nice ensemble rifle toss.
| FIU Winterguard - "The Witching Hour"|
- This group has more lumber than Home Depot. (/joking)
- Actually, the lumber was a really cool way to set up that staging for the flag introduction.
- The equipment writing in this show is phenomenal. Really responsive to the lyrical line and musical rises and falls.
- I love this green and black flag! SUCH a great splash of color. Excellent execution of the roll underneath that ensemble toss!
- Really nice use of LED lighting underneath the pyre at the end.
| Paramount Open Winterguard - "Such Great Heights"|
- This show does some really unique things with the cubic set design to create optical illusions that create and shape "stages" within the show. It's definitely interesting to watch how the cubes are utilized to create effect.
- I'm also a fan of these uniforms. They're really nicely designed.
- This opening movement section is great. Excellent writing and staging to set the mood.
- I love this rifle writing. Excellent use of layer and staggered staging.
- Nice ensemble six, rifles!
- Wow - that's a super effective flag moment around the outside of the cubes.
- I really love the reshaping of the cubic sculpture, at the end of the show. Fantastic run, Paramount Open!
| George Mason University Winterguard - "The Journey Back"|
- I love the simplicity of this floor design. It's incredibly effective, and does a great job of driving the staging and drill, throughout the program.
- Very cool way to get the rifle to the soloist.
- Oh, these flags are just gorgeous.
- I always enjoy a nicely done partner feature.
- The equipment writing is so musically lush, and highly responsive to the music. I can't say enough good things about it.
- That was a stupendous run, GMU!
|Scholastic Open|| |
| Choctaw HS - "Hereafter"|
- Excellent opening movement segment. The control displayed by the soloist is phenomenal.
- Very nice, sabre soloist!
- Very well done on the ensemble six, sabres.
- A couple of drill issues in the flags, but otherwise, perfectly executed, in terms of timing and consistency.
- Fantastic entrance, rifles.
- Such a nicely performed ensemble flag statement.
- Very strong run, Choctaw.
| El Capitan HS - "Tomorrow"|
- This is a gorgeously designed floor.
- I enjoy this opening movement section.
- Very nice ensemble toss, rifles!
- I love the reveal of the yellow uniform tops and the colored flags.
- Such sharp execution in that ensemble yellow flag statement.
| Marvin Ridge HS - "Fire Away"|
- Excellent job, sabre soloist.
- Very nice writing in the flag section. Nice use of breath and holds and releases.
- Even with only nine spinning performers, they make excellent use of spacing and negative space to stage the performers and create effect.
- Great job on that ensemble flag statement with the magenta flags.
| Dartmouth HS - "Granted"|
- I really love this set design and music
- Very nice introduction of the flag line.
- Excellent job handling the rapidity of this flag work, Dartmouth.
- Another fantastic flag design out of Dartmouth.
- WOW - that ensemble flag toss on the orange flags.
- I know there are other sections on the floor, but this flag line is really the thing to watch, throughout this show.
- This closer flag is a dangerous flag, in terms of the design showing any and all timing errors...of which there were none.
- I'm sold on this show.
| Cleveland HS (NC) - "The Beatles Concerto"|
- This psychedelic floor may be my favorite of the weekend.
- The only issue is that, even with the white uniforms, the performers get lost on the floor, from up top.
- Very nice contribution, flag line.
- I promise - I'm not ignoring the weapon lines: I literally can't see the equipment against the floor
- Very nice ensemble rifle section.
- This new flag is gorgeous.
| Milford HS (OH) - "Fallen"|
- The use of the death shrouds is really effective in the beginning of this show.
- I love these translucent flags. Such a nice ethereal quality to the way they spin and open up during tosses.
- This guard moves incredibly well.
- Excellent ensemble six, rifles.
- This ensemble flag statement is incredibly powerful. So well executed.
| Seminole HS - "The New Chapter"|
- I love me a good, old fashioned Minimalist floor design.
- Excellent control of the body, soloist.
- Fantastic rifle writing and execution.
- Oh, YEAH, rifle duet! Fantastic lift onto the shoulders for that catch.
- There's some really nice sabre work in the back, and they're doing a great job with it.
- This is a gorgeous ensemble flag statement. Such great use of breath, hold, and release in this flag writing.
| East Coweta HS - "Ventus"|
- I really love the use of fabric in this show design. Very nice visual effects.
- Fantastic ensemble six, rifles.
- I can't get over that ridiculous rifle juggling. FANTASTIC job, Sir!
- Such a wonderful ensemble flag statement.
- That final flag release is just...glorious.
| Ben Davis HS - "War of Words"|
- I love this opening movement section.
- The use of the poles to create segments is wonderful
- I love these saffron flags.
- These weapon lines spin so well.
- That ensemble flag statement is so well written and layered.
| McNeil HS - "Reminiscence"|
- This is a really cool floor design, with the ultra-closeup on a swing.
- The flag line is having a great run.
- Fantastic job sabre soloist.
- Very nicely done rifles.
- Wow - this ensemble flag statement is perfectly written and performed.
- Such a powerful show. Very nicely done, McNeil.
| Little Elm HS - "Servant of Love"|
- This floor is gorgeous.
- Fantastic opening movement section.
- Excellent writing in the sabre book.
- WONDERFUL introduction of the flags!
- I could watch that ensemble flag statement on a loop for days to catch all the nuance and musicality. SO well written.
- The blue flag/rifle feature is incredibly layered and complex. I'm a huge fan.
| Oviedo HS - "Pallaton"|
- I love Oviedo's floor. Such a lush design and color palette.
- Excellently done, sabres, on those ensemble sixes.
- Fantastic timing on that add-on flag feature. Masterful control of the equipment and movement through space.
- Some much strength in that rifle line.
- That's a great entrance of the orange flags.
- Excellent staging and execution in that ensemble flag statement. Nice use of contrary motion to create effect, and very strong releases and body under the equipment.
| Dripping Springs HS - "Wonderland"|
- I really dig the flight simulator prop.
- This flag/sabre feature is incredibly well-written.
- Great contribution from the rifle line.
- That was an AMAZING ensemble flag statement.
- The denouement of this show is really well done.
| Arvin HS - "Yūgen"|
- I love this rifle work. The kids perform it so beautifully.
- Very nicely executed slide underneath the rifle tosses.
- There's a very nice sabre feature going on in the back-left corner.
- These purple flags are such a great juxtaposition against the greyscale floor design. (They're the color of the nebula pictured in that image on the floor)
- The solar flare flags are SO wonderful to watch spin.
- I love the exeunt of this show - watching as things wind down.
| Fishers HS - "A Self-Evident Truth"|
- I love this version of Dion's "Abraham, Martin, and John," written in response to the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy in 1968 about the assassinations of Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Jr., John F. Kennedy, and Robert F. Kennedy.
- That is such a well-staged flag partner feature.
- Fantastic weapon toss around the floor.
- SUCH a powerful show and ensemble flag statement.
- Amazing job, Fishers!
|End Time||01:45 PM|